Q. 1. What are the admission criteria for class Nursery?
Ans. Admission to Nursery is First come - First Serve Basis. The Child seeking admission in class Nursery must complete his/her 3 Years on 31st March of that particular year, admission is sought.
Q. 2. What is the strength of students per section?
Ans. The strength of the students per section for Nursery and Prep is 30 to 35 with 2 teachers and for classes Ist onwards 35-40.
Q. 3. Currently school is running till which class?
Ans. The school is running till 11th class. In 2018-19 we will start class XII with all streams.
Q. 4. What will be the facilities available in the School?
Ans. In order to provide wholesome education to the students, school is providing numerous facilities to the students. The school is equipped with AV room, Smart classes, Library, Skating Rink, Conference room, Composite Lab, Physics lab, Chemistry Lab, Biology Lab, Geography Lab, Language Lab, Maths Lab, Sports Arena, Dance Room, Play Ground, Music room, Sculpture Studio, Gymnastic Area, Yoga Area, Adventure sports area for Rope Climbing, Rock Climbing, Flying Fox & Repelling, Archery area, Puddle Pool, Boating Area(Artificial Canal),Play Ground For Juniors& Seniors, Swings for Kindergarten, Amusement Arena for Juniors specially designed with tunnels & Landscape forms.
Q. 5. If, in case I am unable to take a printout of the form, which has been duly submitted online, what should I do?
Ans. In that case you only need to present registration number of your ward which appears after submission of on-line registration form.
Q. 6. Is the age criterion being followed very rigidly? Can any grace period be given to a child whose age falls short by just a few days?
Ans. Yes, age criteria are strictly adhered to. Even a day’s difference is not acceptable. This is to facilitate a fair and just admissions process as per prescribed norms.
Q. 7. Can I submit any other document as proof of date of birth, in place of what is prescribed?
Ans. No, only the Date of Birth Certificate issued by a Municipal Corporation/Panchayat/Local Government Authority will be accepted. In case the original is not available, please get a duplicate copy issued from the issuing authority and produce it at the time of Introduction Session.
Q. 8. I am going to be transferred to your location, hence I have still not rented a house, and in this case how can I give you my preference of Transport?
Ans. For this you need to fill your present address in the form at the time of admission. As and when you make a decision and shift your preferred locality, You have to sent a written application addressing the Principal requesting change of address in the School record and needful change in transport root.
Q. 9. If the mother is not working what should I fill up under profession?
Ans. “Homemaker” is to be mentioned under this field and N.A. to be mentioned for the subsequent fields (i.e. Organization/Designation/Office Address).
Q. 10. Is there any special quota for NRI children?
Ans. No, NRI children are treated at par with other children, during the admissions process. There is no special consideration, nor preference given to an NRI candidate.
Q. 11. In case I do not receive the SMS/Email/Call within the prescribed period, what should I do?
Parent’s Name, Date of Birth and Class Applied For and Date on which registration was submitted on-line and application form submitted at school counter.
Q. 12. If I have opted for School Transport and chosen a Bus Stop for my child, can I request you to board my child from a different bus stop, during/after admission?
Ans. Your child will have to use the bus stop opted for, at the time of Registration. Please do not approach the school with any such requests as these will be rejected outright.
Q. 13. Are parents allowed to take a tour of the school? What are the timings?
Ans: DPS Pali Road, Jodhpur welcomes all parents to take a tour of the school with prior appointment.
Q. 14. Which Board does the school follow?
Ans: The school is affiliated with the CBSE board.
Q. 15. What are the documents required during registration and during admission?
- Do on-line registration on the school website: www. dpsjodhpur.org (The registration does not in any way guarantee admission)
- After on-line Registration takes a receipt of registration which carries a registration number.
- Collect a copy of prospectus along with Application form from the administration office. (In case of failure in reporting school office within 24 Hrs after on-line registration will not be entertained.
- An application form is to be filled in & submitted to the school's administrative office within two working days of the issue of the forms.
- Admission to Nursery will be First come - First Serve Basis.
- Admission to class Prep will be through Observation / Interaction. Dates of interaction will be intimated.
- There will be a written Admission test for students seeking admission to class 1st and above.
- There will be a written test of previous year’s syllabus for students seeking admission to Class I onwards.
Class I-V: English, Hindi, Maths
Class VI & above: English, Hindi, Maths & Science
Only those candidates who clear the written tests will be called for an interaction along with their parents.
- Following documents are required during the admission process:
- Copy of On-Line Registration Form
- Two Passport size coloured photographs
- Recent Passport size photographs of both the parents (each one)
- Proof of Date of Birth (Issued by Municipal Corporation or other authorized competent authority)
- Photocopy of the present school exam report card.
- Incomplete forms without the necessary documents/information will be rejected
Q. 16. Does the school provide transport for students?
Ans: Yes, transportation facilities are available for the students. A large fleet of AC buses will ply from and to all major locations across the city. The buses will be are equipped with regulation safety measures. CCTV, First aid boxes will always be there in case of emergencies. Members of the staff will be present in the buses to ensure the safety of the children.
Q. 17. Do all classes have the same uniform?
Ans: No, Nursery & Prep class have separate uniforms. Please check uniform section for more details. There are separate uniforms for summer season and winter season, along with house dress.
Q. 18. Is there too much pressure of homework?
Ans: No, we don't believe in burdening a child with loads of homework but encourage them to finish lessons in the class itself. However, some amount of homework will be given which the child will be able to attempt on their own.
Q. 19. Does the school have any boarding/ hostel facility?
Ans: The school provides hostel facility from class V onwards.