- Every Student should carry his/her ALMANAC to school everyday.
- Student must arrive at school before the bell rings. Non Sikh Boys should get their hair trimmed at regular intervals.
- The morning bell before a class or assembly is a signal for all to go to the assembly or to their respective classrooms. This should be done promptly and in silence.
- Change of class-rooms between periods should be done in silence and in an orderly manner.
- Students should be habitually clean and always neatly dressed. The school uniform should be worn on all working days and for all school functions. Students who are slovenly dressed or not in uniform will be sent home.
- Shouting or whistling is not allowed in the School Building.
- Students must take care of school property. No student should scratch or spoil the school furniture, or write / draw lines on the walls or in any other manner damage things belonging to others. Damage done even by accident, either by you or by anyone else, should be reported at once to the class teacher or to the Coordinator of your class. Any damage done will have to be made good either individually or collectively.
- It is strictly forbidden to throw any thing at any one.
- Students are not allowed to bring any sharp instrument to the school or any electrical gadgets.
- No books (other than text books or library books), magazines or papers should be brought to the school.
- Lending or borrowing of money and other articles is not permitted. You are not allowed to leave the class without pass issued to all the Prefects.
- Students must conduct themselves with dignity and decency with all members of staff and class mates at all the times.
- Observe order and decorum befitting every occasion.
- The school will not be responsible for loss of books, money and other valuables brought by student to the school. However, every effort will be made to recover the things lost, if reported to the class teacher or the Principal immediately.
- Student are expected to be polite, courteous, respectful and well disciplined inside and outside the school.
- The school is not responsible for goods lost. It is not advisable to bring valuable articles (like expensive watches or fountain pens) to school.
- The school reserves the right to suspend students whose progress in studies is unsatisfactory or whose conduct is harmful to other students.
- Parents and guardians must not visit their wards or teachers in the class rooms without permission..
- Students should get their Report Cards signed by their Parents/Guardians within two days of the receipt of the report cards.
- The name, class and section of the pupil should be clearly marked on all belongings like Blazers, Books, Stationery, Tiffin Box, Water Bottle etc.
- The students must make an Identification mark in side the shoes to easily identify the same.
- A child who fails twice in the same class will not be permitted to continue his/her studies in the school.
- Students frequently coming late to school or uniform defaulters will be sent home.
- A student who uses unfair means during tests will be given zero in the subject and a warning letter. Repetition of the same will result in dismissal.
- Any call from home won't be entertained. Only in case of emergency messages will be taken.
- Office Bearers will wear their respective badges daily. Those students who travel by bus should wait at the bus stand in an orderly manner and should not board or alight from the moving bus, project any part of their body out of the bus or stand on the foot board of the bus.
- Mobiles, cameras or any other such electronic gadgets to school is strictly prohibited.
- Defaulters will be dealt with severely and the gadget will be confiscated.
- The students must be punctual in all activities whether conducted at class / house level.
- The student must observe personal cleanliness and keep the school premises neat and clean.
- The student must act as an ambassador of the school in all situations and create good-will for his/her beloved institution everywhere.
- The student should manifest Aryan virtues of politeness, kindness, nobility, honesty and truthfulness in behaviour, both at school and home.
- The student should endeavor to attain physical, mental, moral and spiritual growth to the best of his/her capacity.
- The student must be courteous, wish every visitor to whom he/she meets in the school premises and guide them to the Reception / PRO office
RECOMMENDATIONS TO PARENTS
- Be supportive and encouraging about every positive initiative your child takes.
- Be a patient listener.
- Carry out a dialogue patiently and calmly with your child about his/her mistakes.
- Show a keen interest in your child's development.
- Be available to your child when he/she needs you.
- At best trust your child.
- Don't discus family matters in front of child. Avoid hot arguments in child's presence.
'Invest in Your Children, Give them Your Quality Time, Your Kind Attention and Your Love They are the Future.'
- To get the best from the school for your child, you are advised to maintain close contact with the school. We earnestly recommend that parents and guardians should look into their ward's school ALMANAC every day and see that the lessons and home work assigned for the day are done. The student should be encouraged to follow school rules & regulations.
- Children will not be allowed to go home during School Hours. Parents are requested not to make any social engagements or medical appointments during working hours. To ensure better discipline, parents are requested not to send children to school on the day they have any such appointments.
- If there be any infectious disease in your home please report the fact to the class teacher at once, and do not send your ward to class till the infectious period is over.
- As the medium of instruction in this school is English, students should be helped to follow their work easily and intelligently by a certain amount of regular conversation in English at home.
- Please respond promptly to attendance record, evaluation report cards and messages from the office and messages from the teachers.
- Whenever you write to the school about your ward, always quote his/her full name, class, section and admission no.
- Read the contents of this almanac carefully and please abide by the rules laid down by the school authorities.
- We do not appreciate the gesture of sending sweets/gifts for children and teachers for birthday/celebrations. Non compliance of this will be viewed seriously.
- Please ensure regular, fixed, adequate hours of study for your child at home and completion of work assigned (written/oral) on time.
- Parents and guardians are not allowed to walk into the classroom or meet teachers during the school hours. Those who wish to find out the progress of their child may kindly meet the teachers concerned with a prior appointment through PRO.
- The school does not guarantee the success of a pupil's studies unless the parents or guardians co-operate with the school authorities and do their part by enforcing regularity and discipline. They must see that their children do their home work and prepare the lessons daily. Insist on their punctuality and regularity in attending the classes. Attendance at school functions is very important.
- Parents must ensure that they attend all Parent - Teacher Meetings to know the progress of their ward.
- The following is to be noted regarding health of the child :
- All parents are requested to impart Health Education to their children so that they-
- Maintain personal hygiene like : trimming of nails and being neat on a regular basis.
- Students should exercise regularly.
- Sleep for atleast eight hours daily.
- Have a balanced diet, nutritionally rich in proteins and milk.
- Drink water which is either boiled or filtered. All students are advised to bring their own water bottles from home.
- Avoid consumption of ice-creams, other milk products and eatables from road side vendors.
- De warm children at least once every year. Advice to be taken from family physician.
- Get dental and ophthalmic check up done once every year by a Dental surgeon and ophthalmologist.
- Immunise all children as per the schedule given below.
|BCG||to be completed before entry to school|
|Measles/MMR DT||At 5 years of age|
|Tetanus -||Booster dose to be given between 7-16 years of age and also to be given if injured.|
|Typhoid -||Once every year, preferably|
|Cholera -||in the month of March Hepatitis|
- Parents are requested not to send children suffering from Chicken Pox, Cholera, Measles, Mumps, Wooping - Cough, conjunctivitis, Dermatitis, Scabies and Jaundice or any other infectious disease for attending class. But, please make sure to send the information & medical certificate for the same in proper time.
- Students suffering from chronic diseases like Asthma, Epilepsy, Rheumatic Heart Disease, etc. are advised to be under continuous Medical supervision of a Specialist Doctor. History of their illness must be filled up in the Almanac along with the treatment being taken.
- All students, returning to school after suffering from an infectious or contagious disease, should produce a doctor's Certificate permitting him to do so. Students suffering from any diseases must observe the prescribed period of quarantine before returning to class : (as advised by the doctor).
ALWAYS KEEP IN MIND
If a child lives with criticism. he learns to condemn. If child lives with hostility, she learns to fight.
If a child lives with ridicule, he learns to be shy.
If a child lives with shame, she learns to feel guilty. If a child lives with tolerance, he learns to be patient.
If a child lives with encouragement, she learns to be confident. If a child lives with praise, he learns to appreciate.
If a child lives with fairness, she learns to be just. If a child lives with security, he learns to have faith.
If a child lives with approval, she learns to like herself.
If a child lives with acceptance and friendship, she learns to find love in the world.
RULES REGARDING ABSENCE
The Parents must ensure the following:
- No Child should remain absent from the school without prior approval of the Class teacher / Principal.
- Students who have been sick should bring a medical certificate from their doctor on joining the school.
- Parents should fill up the "Record for Non-Attendance" for each day the student is absent from school stating the reason for absence.
- No one who has been absent on the previous day will be admitted to the class without a letter from the parent, addressed to the Class Teacher, stating the reason for absence. This will be the responsibility of the parent to ensure submission of the application as required.
- Leave can be granted on special grounds with prior approval of Principal.
- Repeated absence without leave or unexplained absence for more than six consecutive days renders the student liable to have his name struck off the rolls. Re-admission may be granted only on payment of fresh admission fee only.
- All students are expected to attend school on the first day after each of the vacations. Those absent will be fined Rs. 50/- per day for the first three days. Absence for more than three days immediately after a vacation renders the student liable to pay a fine of Rs. 100/day.
After 6 days the name will be struck off the rolls. Readmission may be granted only onpayment of fresh admission fees. (Those absent because of sickness must present a medical certificate before they may be admitted to the class)
- It is compulsory for the students to complete 80% of their attendance in the year to make them eligible for their final examination. The percentage, however, could be relaxed on medical grounds.
- One clear calendar month's notice in writing or a month's fees in lieu of such notice must be given before a pupil can be withdrawn.
- Those who leave the school in May must in all cases pay the fees for the month of June.
- Transfer certificates are not issued until all dues of the school are settled.
- Students can be asked to leave the school on the following grounds.
- Unsatisfactory progress in work.
- It is always advisable to write to the school about the problems of your ward or for seeking guidance. Your letters will be replied after discussion with the concerned teachers.
School doesn't believe in Punishing children but few actions have to be taken as and when required for behavioral modifications in them. The school requests all the parents to encourage students to follow school's rules and regulations and develop positive attitude for the same.
(a) Yellow Card - Serious offences which reflect adversely on a student's conduct eg. breaking bounds, disobedience, telling lies, bunking school indicate the award of a "yellow card" which deprives the offender of availing any privileges in the school for a week.
- He/She is not allowed to attend any programme, picnics or outings.
- He/She will report to the respective supervisor during break time for detention.
- He/She will not be allowed to use the library or go for games during this period.
The award of three yellow cards in an academic year in quick succession may lead to the expulsion of the offender from the school on disciplinary grounds.
Form of disciplinary measures : The following shall be the disciplinary measureswhich may be adopted by the school in dealing with all students.
(1) Detention during the break (2) Fine (3) Expulsion (4) Rustication